As a new homeowner, you may not be aware of the importance of home insurance in protecting your new investment. The right home coverage from Associated Insurance Agencies Inc. can save you a substantial amount of money in the event of a disaster. Here are some important home insurance facts every new homeowner in Westerville, OH should know.
- Home insurance covers damage or destruction of your home, theft, or loss of personal effects and liability issues that may arise when people have accidents on your property. This protects you from having to pay for damages or liability claims out of pocket.
- If you have a mortgage on your new Westerville OH home, your lender will probably require you to have home coverage. Otherwise, home insurance is optional. Wise homeowners, however, will take advantage of home coverage to protect their property.
- Home insurance coverage and costs may vary depending on your insurance company. By shopping around and comparing what different insurers have to offer, you can obtain a good deal on your coverage.
- Factors like the age of your home, home type, home condition, and location can affect your premium costs. Working with a reputable insurer in Westerville OH will make it easier to make wise home insurance choices. You’ll also benefit from quality services and home coverage.
- Standard homeowner’s insurance covers a wide range of perils to include theft, fire, water damage from broken pipes, rain, wind and hailstorm damage, lightning strikes, hurricanes, tornadoes, and vandalism.
- Home insurance DOESN’T, however, cover damage caused by flooding. To protect your home from flood damage, you need to purchase a separate flood policy.
To learn more about home insurance or to purchase a home policy, contact your insurance experts at Associated Insurance Agencies Inc., serving residents in Westerville, OH, and surrounding communities.