Planning a road trip is exciting but requires a lot of planning and prep. You have to figure out where you want to go, what you want to see, and how you want to get there.
This can all be a lot to think about when you’re just getting ready to leave the driveway, so it’s essential to take some time to plan out your trip and make sure you’re prepared for the road. Associated Insurance Agencies Inc. is here to help the people of Westerville, OH plan to get the most out of their trip safely.
Before You Go
- Perform a basic maintenance check of your car. Take a good look at your fluid levels, changing and topping off as necessary. This includes oil, coolant, and brake fluid. Change your engine and cabin filters if needed. Ensure your tires are correctly inflated, have a spare tire, and the equipment you need to change a flat.
Note: If you don’t feel comfortable doing this yourself, take your car to your local mechanic.
- Have your emergency kit ready. This includes a flashlight, a first aid kit, a cell phone, and jumper cables. If you can, have some emergency money set aside for unexpected expenses.
- Plan your route. Make sure you know where you’re going and how to get there. Check the weather forecast, and don’t drive into weather you aren’t comfortable navigating.
On The Road
- Always wear a seatbelt. It’s the law. Not only that, but it can save your life. If you have small children in the car, ensure they’re correctly restrained with a child or booster seat.
- Avoid driving at night. If you must, then avoid stopping in unfamiliar areas at night. This is especially important if you’re alone.
- Do not drive while impaired. This means no drinking and driving and also no texting while driving.
Even if you’re the safest driver you know, you can still get into an accident. Ensure your financial security is not at risk with a comprehensive car insurance policy from Associated Insurance Agencies Inc. in Westerville, OH!